Thursday 17 November 2011

Latent obsessions

I might have exaggerated a little bit when I said that Rick “Zombie Boy” Genest was a passing obsession. It’s more like a latent interest. Whenever I find something interesting about him the whole thing streams straight back to the surface again and I'm off on a frantic search for more. I think what interests me most is that he constantly appears in “normal” media as some piece of art, something extraordinary (“kids, look at the freak, we paid good money for this”). He’s going down runways for the big fashion houses and the next day you’ll see him in Vogue or something similar. Which is weird since there's no other niche as narrow as fashion.
He did a campaign for Auslander together with the extremely androgynous fashion model Andrej Pejic. That’s some magical pictures. These boys have chemistry.

Look at this...


...and this...


...which just happens to be my favourites.
Just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment