Wednesday 9 November 2011

The hour-glass

I found a gif of particular interest this morning. Now, I knew that Christina Hendricks (yes, I will keep talking about her, so eat it up or leave) had assets in the shape of great talent… no wait, that sounded so wrong, lets start over:


I ranted like hell last year about how Hollywood pressures beautiful women to diet in order to fit into the size 0 ideal. Therefore I was sorely disappointed when I stumbled upon an article saying that Hendricks was to try and lose weight because of the comments she’d been receiving about her figure. One of these comments (coming from an openly gay fashion commentator) was something in the style of “big girls shouldn’t wear this sort of dress” when Hendricks showed up to a premiere in a shape-hugging dress that made me and many of my male friends have to collect our jaws from where we dropped them. She was in short stunning. And I just didn’t think that she’d care about trolls. Thankfully, it seems I was right in the end. She seems to have become even more in-your-face and refuses to dress down.


On the other hand I’ve got a theory about why people over and over are trying to reduce Hendricks to tits and ass – it’s simple jealousy. Not many women are as well endowed as her. My first encounter with Hendricks was with Firefly where she portrayed the conniving Saffron and I found her not only stunning (there’s something about redheads) but also a very good actress. It was when I watched Firefly for the fifth or sixth time that I discovered that Saffron had quite a rack. What I’m trying to say is that it wasn’t her body that I noticed first but her ironic smile and flowing little voice.
Wow, that sounded much like a love declaration!
In that case I’d like to send some love to Kate Winslet who still refuses the hand of Photoshop to retouch her fantastic figure and Helena Bonham Carter who despite constant trolling stays awesome and unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment