Monday 4 October 2010

STHLM

I came, I saw, I drank a shitload of beer.
Now that's a good summary of a friday night well spent in good company at the Stockholm Beer & Whiskey Festival of which I've already informed you (see the post: "Love Hurts"). It was amazing but got more than a little strange when I tried a beer tasting like cherries...

Beside that, I met Nee-san and her man and marvelled over how two people and a dog can live in a hut... sorry, cottage... no, house, as small as theirs. It obviously works for them. Despite the tiny space available I didn't really feel like leaving their valued company. There's nothing like eating breakfast with those two; it has never been cherished that way in any household I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.
Also met people whom I've grown to love over the years as we've met only once every August for The Medieval Week on Gotland. We ate great food (thank you Nee-san for the mushrooms), drank quite a bit of wine and talked until three in the morning. It's been a while since I did that without noticing.

Stockholm's still one of those places I need time to explore. I will definitely return. If not only to investigate more cafés...

No pictures. I didn't forget the camera. I forgot the batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment