Wednesday 2 February 2011

Jet

My latest fascination is that with Jet Li.
I’ve always liked Jet Li’s movies for his awesomeness in wushu but just last week I made the decision to watch his Chinese movies as well as his American ones in order to compare a little. Last year I went through the Once Upon A Time in China movies (six all in all but Jet isn't in all of them; excellent stuff though) and with them I discovered a new side to Jet Li – the benign hero we later see in Fearless.
Lets consider his first American movie – Lethal Weapon 4 – in which he for the first time in his entire career plays the villain! That was also the first movie I ever saw with him. I found it extremely difficult to hear him laugh in Forbidden Kingdom (how often do you even get to see him smile?) but it was obvious to me that he should be in The Expendables with all the other guys made of adamantium. He’s also in fact the only actor (excluding Chuck Norris) to ever be able to pull off making a Bruce Lee remake (Fist of Legend).
I just finished watching The One starring Jet Li and… Jet Li. It’s funny seeing him kicking his own ass.
I recommend: Hero, Kiss of the Dragon, Danny the Dog, Hitman and all of the above mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment