Sunday 26 September 2010

True Blood - Season Three

Yes people, against better judgement as I should be studying Politics, I just finished the third season of the highly acclaimed vampire series True Blood and as much as I hate to admit that another SkarsgÄrd has taken both Hollywood and me by storm, he has.
Considering the strangely abrupt ending for all characters involved I’m not expecting another season (though there is a season four in production as we speak) but to be fair it’s been a fun ride and the vampire legend has been used, or abused according to others, yet another time. Personally, I enjoyed the sexual theme throughout the whole series, mostly because that’s what the original Dracula (the one by the crazy Irish guy, Bram Stoker, you know) legend was about; the Count Dracula came from the East to invade the British Empire and suck the pure virginal blood of poor innocent British women through penetrating their necks with his sharp teeth (important word being “penetrating”, the Victorians weren’t as innocent as their Queen wanted them to be after all…).

Also, I enjoyed this third season because I'm a big Lafayette fan and got more than I could ever hope for of him (“You a witch who’s a nurse who’s a dude. Holy shit, I guess I lucked out then, huh”).
So. If we're going to complain about something we can always talk about vampire teeth looking like something a feral tiger would have, the ridiculous amount of supernatural creatures included and all small insignificant characters to keep track of. Simplicity works. It did in the first season, why not now?
Lastly, I’d like to make a small Swedish to English dictionary simply because I can and was freakishly surprised when Swedish turned out to be the language the vampires spoke amongst themselves (on the other hand I was also surprised to find the female agents of the series Chuck to speak Swedish as well. Lets face it, Swedes are taking over Hollywood!), but I’ll resist this once.
Perhaps another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment