Monday 12 December 2011

Guilty Pleasure: Moulin Rouge

I included a picture of Nostalgia Critic in my Comedy post which meant that I just happened to feel that perhaps I should see what he’s been up to lately. A musical it turned out. Weird. But still good and explains why a useless movie like Moulin Rouge have become some sort of phenomenon within the musical genre. I’ll return to that in another post.
Now:




And while we’re on the subject of my posts; I realized that most of my Hutt’s Little School of Movie Genres posts include only men. I recommend movies made by men, with men, usually for men. I apologize for that and promise to better myself and include some female actors and directors when possible. My problem is that I identify to a much larger extent with male characters. I identify with Han Solo, not Leia. With Shaun, not Liz. With Bishop or Hudson, not Ellen Ripley (did identify with Vasquez though, she’s mean... and hot).
I humbly beg for forgiveness.


Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Rymdnörden, du vet vem ;-)3 April 2012 at 03:06

    Aliens är en av mina absoluta favoritfilmer.
    "Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" :-)

    ReplyDelete