Friday 31 December 2010

The year that was 2010

What THE F**K happened?
Since when does time move in such an extreme velocity? Another year's at its end and though I've got older I can't say that this year's brought wisdom. At least not the kind I can use.


Best of 2010:
*I got pierced. Again. Just as much fun every time despite the fact that half of the piercings I've had done haven't healed well or at all and had to be taken out. The interesting ones are still there though. I wonder - what's next in turn?
*Once again visited Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game & Film Convention in Gothenburg. Stormtroopers and nerdiness galore! See you there in February?
*I was actually in New York City, USA. For real and not just through Woody Allen's distorted camera lense.
*I bought my Akira Kurosawa box. 17 Japanese masterpieces in one box. My life-long obsession was finally put to rest. Somewhat. I'm still missing a few Kurosawa epics.
*Visited Stockholm Beer & Whiskey Festival. Now that's an experience you can taste!
*One of the last things of the year was buying the Queer as Folk complete series boxed set. No need for more explaination.
*I discovered Sebastian Horsley. No need for explaination in this case either - just read Dandy in the Underworld and see for yourself.

...and then it's high time for some bitching, people, I give you:

Worst of 2010:
*I moved away from Kalmar and with it - the gym. Moving away from the city isn't half as bad as moving away from the gym but moving from the gym isn't half as bad as moving from the people. When they still liked me that is. This one is a bit two-sided.

*Due to too much stupidity collected in one skull, I didn't manage to graduate and get my University degree.
*I didn't expand my tattoo even though I would very much like to. I wonder what else I'm too lazy/chicken shit to do?
*I seem to have fucked up so many friendships I barely have any left. I think I might actually have a problem with my brain being missing. It might be an empathic problem as well.
*The bastards of Blizzard didn't release Diablo III.


For 2011:
We'll just have to see what the next year will bring. Hopefully, it'll be some old friends meeting anew, new friends getting together, tattoos, books, tea, movies, laughter, picnics, sci-fi, fantasy but mostly, I hope for lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. hörredu gulle! ska du bo hos mig när du ska till göteborg nästa gång? tänka på Sci-Fi conventet? PUSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. piip. har precis last in mig pa tva manader av huttens nordigheter och dagliga tankar. mycket uppskattat! stora kramar fran mirre~!

    ReplyDelete