Sunday 19 February 2017

I (kinda) stand corrected

Remember a few weeks ago when I was complaining about award shows not being diverse enough when it comes to their nominees? I think I ought to correct my statement. At least a little. Nominations are still mostly male and white but the winners I've heard most about so far...
   Hidden Figures and Moonlight have been taking audiences by storm and have rightfully started walking off with prize after prize after prize. I have yet to see Hidden Figures but anything with Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monáe and Taraji P. Henson just got to be good. Mahershala Ali and Janelle Monáe appears in both movies mentioned above and Janelle won the Breakout Performance award from AAFCA  for her performances while Mahershala won a SAG Award not long ago for Moonlight. Hidden Figures won a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
   This is a good thing. I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment