Thursday 28 March 2013

Vikings?

Every time there's a new movie or tv show about "vikings" I can't help but feel a bit embarrassed. It's mostly because there'll be hundreds of mistakes in their timeline: wrong clothes, wrong living conditions and cultural expressions, wrong religion, just wrong wrong wrong. Most of the time it'll be a veritable pick'n'mix of elements from between 900 AD to 1400 AD and it annoys me - like they couldn't be bothered to do a better job.
I'll be back with a verdict on this new show that premiered this month.

-------------------
EDIT:
How about no? I barely got past the first episode. It was just so booooring! Not to mention that as soon as I noticed that the story's supposed to be acted out around 790 AD I thought back to what I'd seen of the show before. Hadn't I seen monks flash past in the trailer for the show? Yes I had. Christian missionaries didn't come to Scandinavia until around 829 AD. There were no monastaries until the 1100's. I called BS and I'll let others enjoy it. I won't.

1 comment:

  1. Rymdnörden, du vet vem ;-)30 March 2013 at 00:25

    Det är svårt att stänga av hjärnans alltför digra kunskaper för att bara njuta av handlingen i filmer och TV-serier... Nej, PCR och sekvensering blir inte klart under reklampausen ;-)

    ReplyDelete