Tuesday 4 September 2012

Crap.

I don’t know but I guess it's that time of year when the angst associated with getting older strikes like a wet towel to the face. Of course, there’s hope for all of us nerds out there since it’s somehow much easier to stay awesome as you get older when you’re a nerd. Just look at the Green brothers, Zachary Levi, Natalie Portman, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day, Vin Diesel or Simon Pegg.
Here’s a clip of Hank Green telling you how to survive as you grow up. Or don't.

Also read Simon Pegg’s Nerd Do Well for inspiration. And Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury just to read something awesome that will maybe make you try and live your life to its fullest. This November/December (depending on where on the planet you are) Life of Pi premieres in theatres. Directed by Ang Lee, it’s based on the book by Yann Martel and I recommend the book wholeheartedly.
I mentioned towels before and speaking of towels, I want you to read The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy because honestly, you can never get too much Douglas Adams. I recently reread The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and I believe it made me a better person.

I started school again today. I managed to get lost, arrive at the wrong classroom and subsequently was late to my first lecture of the semester.
Great.
Awesome.
Oh well, it’ll get better.

I've cut my hair.

1 comment:

  1. Rymdnörden, du vet vem ;-)8 September 2012 at 14:02

    Klippt håret igen? Snart nere till Natalie Portmans frisyr i V för Vendetta? :-)

    ReplyDelete