Sunday 15 May 2011

Neo-medieval workshop

In short it's been a really good weekend. Saturday was supposed to be some sort of workshop day together with some friends and family and it turned out great (even though we might have talked away most of the time and as hostess I might have run around a tad bit too much to be creative). We shared thoughts, laughed loudly, did some sewing and eventually ate together. I embroidered (a pattern not at all inspired by something I've seen on Boromir's suit of armour in Lord of the Rings) a wool tunic I've been working on for those cold evenings when I'm attending Medieval Festivals/Renaissance Faires...


...and today I'm trying out making sirwal (Turkish trousers from an awesome tutorial I found on Multiculturalism for Steampunk). They are nothing less than fantastic.


I've just finished them and I have a feeling that I will wear them with all the love you can give a pair of trousers as comfortable as these. I had to make mine with drawstring at the waist because of strongly fluctuating waist measures but drawstring's so very simple.


So in the end, it might have been quite a creative weekend after all. One white dress, one wool tunic, one pair of sirwal and repairs on some old garments I had stuffed away in a pile in a dusty corner.


Yeah, good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment