Wednesday 18 May 2011

Multitasking

I’m a bookworm.


On average, I’m reading three books at the same time. I have one by my bed, one on audio when I’m gaming by the computer and one on my mp3 for when I’m at work or walking the dogs. I’m reading a horror short story collection by the bed, listening to Neil Gaiman’s American Gods by the computer and listening to The Harper Connelly Mysteries by Charlaine Harris at work and during walks.

Harris wrote the Sookie Stackhouse series that led to the tv-series True Blood starring (among others) the very talented Canadian actress Anna Paquin (who’s not only married to her True Blood colleague Stephen Moyer but also received an Oscar at the tender age of 11 for her part in The Piano). So far, I’ve stayed away from the Stackhouse novels because I like the tv-series (who can’t like Alexander Skarsgård?) so much but figured that Harper was safe to spend some time with. Good choice. I like Harper Connelly. I’m listening to the third book now. Awesome. Recommended.


Annars då? Dagarna går sakta såhär efter en fantastiskt lyckad helg. Det kan vara så att jag blivit attackerad av en förkylning men jag föredrar det framför magsjukan som gick på jobbet när jag jobbade 12-timmarsdagar. Kan vara dags att sova men jag vill inte. När jag kollade senaste Castle-avsnittet (det sista för tredje säsongen) upptäckte jag hur trött, sliten och medelålders Nathan Fillion (också en otroligt duktig kanadensare) ser ut. Då slog det slog mig att jag aldrig kommer att få se honom i rollen som Mal Reynolds igen. ALDRIG. Då kom tårarna. Jag skyller allt på att jag är trött.

It’s not an easy thing to lose hope. There’s no button to pound now Wash. No miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment