Sunday 8 September 2013

Oh for heaven's sake...

Are there any words for my anger about there being so many plans for so many superhero movies but still no talk whatsoever about a superheroine movie? No Wonder Woman in sight. No Superwoman. No Bat Girl. No She-Hulk. No Spider Woman. I weep as I read through the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past and find only six women. Where are all the superheroines??! And don't talk to me about there being "no interest for that" because there is! There is a fan base! There is demand! And if, for some reason, you don't think that there are any heroines that could hold up their own movie then at least make sure that women are  properly represented in movies where they group heroes and heroines together. Black Widow had the third most amount of screen time in the Avengers, behind only Iron Man and Captain America and we loved it! We loved seeing an interesting and strong heroine for once. Well, I did at least.

So NOOOOO, there are no words available in any the two languages I speak that could describe all of my anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment