Wednesday 25 May 2016

Happy Towel Day


Today is a very important day for me. Today is the 25th of May. Today I celebrate Towel Day and remember the brilliance brought to my life by Douglas Adams. The love I have for this author is immense and every year on this day I remember just what a shame it is that he didn't get the chance to write more. Do more. Experience more of the technological advances we've made in the last decade and a half.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is very different from other pieces of scifi I've read. Despite actually being dystopian, the Earth being demolished and all that, it's absolutely hilarious. It is so easy to identify with our main character Arthur Dent; a man who just happened to end up an intergalactic hitchhiker and isn't very happy about it.
I've read the books.
I've listened to the books.
They are fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Rymdnörden, du vet vem :-)25 May 2016 at 23:18

    Maybe one should watch his brilliant lecture on "Parrots the Universe and Everything" to remember his brilliant intelligence and humor? Yeah, I think I´ll do that.

    ReplyDelete