Friday 14 December 2012

Bagginses

I think I did alright at work after seeing The Hobbit. Slept for 2 hours and then did 10 hours of work before I could go home and die a little. Oh sweet caffeine, you know how to keep me awake.
But strangely enough I really can’t figure out if I liked the movie or not and that’s usually a bad sign for me. Now, I haven’t read The Hobbit in a few years and don’t remember it very well but I felt the movie was cluttered and sometimes just too much. There’s also some amount of nagging worry about how they’ve managed to make three movies out of a book of 120 pages. And then there’s Dr Wats... no wait, I mean Martin Freeman, and his constant look of equal parts surprise and puzzlement. And WHAT THE HELL WERE THE WARG RIDERS DOING AT WEATHERTOP??! Is it just me or does it bother anyone else that the Wolves of Isengard are roaming through Arnor?
It was beautiful though - stunningly so. 48 frames per second and 3D was awesome.
I have to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment