Tuesday 14 June 2011

Get Lynch'ed

OK, I know the picture isn't too good but it's actually Stephen Lynch standing above/in front of me on a seat of the theatre where I saw him perform (in 3D - unique quality *wink*). I'll just jump right into it.
After almost not finding the place where the action was supposed to take place I finally tracked down a voice I recognised (Spephen himself) we hit the spot and were ready for take-off. According to expectation they were a little late but all was forgiven when Stephen started with performing his new song "Loralie".
While I'm disappointed that he didn't give us "America", "Medieval Bush" or "Halleluja" from his latest album Three Balloons  at least he gave us "Craig", "Superhero" and "Special Ed" from his old albums (though two of my favourite songs are quite seasonal - "Down to the Old Pub Instead" for St Paddy's and "Halloween" - so I wasn't expecting them) and a whole bunch of awesome new songs. This not even including all the talking he did in between songs together with his buddies Rod and Joburg.

 

What made me most happy was that he ended the show by giving us "D&D". It goes as follows:



The song he performed while climbing on to the seat in front of me was a very emotional version of "I Will Always Love You" dedicated to his fans. Yeah, the Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton song.

Good night everybody! And go off and listen to Stephen Lynch right this instant!
(Psssst! He's on Spotify...)

No comments:

Post a Comment